Jojoba oil is extracted from the seeds or nuts of jojoba plant which can grow up to 15 feet high. As carrier oil, it actually offers various functions for human health and beauty, but the most prominent benefits are for skin and hair. The main benefits of jojoba oil for skin are listed in the following passages.
1. Treats Acne - Treating acne is only one of many great uses of jojoba oil on skin. Acne is a common skin condition found mostly in teenagers, but it can occur in adults too. The condition is typically characterized by the appearance of pimples on facial skin. There are some possible causes including hormonal and clogged pores by dirt. Products such as creams for acne usually contain fats taken from animal. This will only provide a temporary relief since the fats will clog your pores even worse. Jojoba oil is non-greasy and it has anti-inflammatory properties to help you to reduce acne-related problems.
2. Moisturizes Skin - The good thing about jojoba oil is that its texture is similar to the natural oil produced by human body. Based on this fact, you can be sure that this carrier oil can effectively act as skin moisturizer. The oil is generally light so it is easily absorbed by the skin, resulting in supple and soft skin. Although it is a moisturizer, jojoba oil is non-greasy and it has a pleasant smell. It does not create thick layer of oil on your skin, so you can use it regularly yet comfortably.
3. Anti-inflammatory - Jojoba oil can be an effective acne remedy because it has anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, the oil should function in a similar way in treating other skin problems such as redness or swelling. This oil is not only for facial skin, but also for other parts of the body.
4. Treats Skin Infections - Among other benefits of jojoba oil for skin, its ability to reduce symptoms of skin infections is great. Besides possessing anti-inflammatory functions, jojoba oil offers anti-bacterial benefits as well. A combination of those two characteristics helps to reduce various skin problems including eczema and psoriasis. Jojoba oil also contains a substance known as myristic acid which can be used for treating arthritis and rheumatism.
5. Fight Aging - Loss of hydration is a common problem in adults, which eventually leads to the appearances of wrinkles and fine lines. With a proper skin hydration by applying this oil, you can prevent signs of aging from appearing too soon. In fact, jojoba oil is also used for skin lightening in many anti-aging products in the market.
6. Makeup Remover - Many people have proved that jojoba oil can be an excellent alternative to those chemically-processed makeup remover products. It is even gentle enough to clean the usually sensitive eye areas. It should do well in cleaning waterproof eye makeup also.
7. Remedy for Oily Skin - It may sound strange that you apply oil to the already oily skin, but jojoba oil works in a different way. Instead of adding more oily substance to your skin, it actually helps to regulate the production of sebum by the skin. Thanks to its non-greasy texture, it helps your skin to reduce the natural production of sebum, creating less oily skin.
Commercial Jojoba Oil for Skin Reviews
Below you will find brief reviews of some recommended commercial jojoba oils in the market today.
1. Desert Essence Jojoba Oil (100% Pure)
As the name suggests, this product contains pure jojoba oil without additional ingredients such as fragrance or preservatives. Since the ingredient is pure jojoba oil, you can use it to take the entire benefits of the oil. You can even use the carrier oil for massage also. The product is available in 2oz and 4oz variants.
2. Golden Organic Jojoba Oil (100% Pure) – 16 Oz
Similar to the previously mentioned item, this product also contains only jojoba oil. The best thing is that you can use this regardless of your skin type. It even acts as remedy for ultra-sensitive skin. It is worth mentioning that this product is also a scalp cleaner, so the benefits are not limited only for skin, but also for hair.
3. 100% Natural Jojoba Oil by CocoCare
Commercially available jojoba oil is relatively pricey, but this product by CocoCare is probably one of the least expensive in the market. One product only contains 2oz of jojoba Oil. Currently, it is available at Amazon as add-on product, because the online store considers it counter-productive for the product to ship on its own.
4. Jojoba Skin Care Oil by Aura Cacia
The name does not indicate that this contains pure jojoba oil. On the contrary, it is organic-certified by QAI (Quality Assurance International). It does not contain any chemically-processed ingredients, so it should be safe to use for any skin type. Containing only organic ingredients, you can easily get all benefits of jojoba oil for your skin with this product. It is for external use only.
How to Use Jojoba Oil on Face
There are some ways to use jojoba oil for your skin. Some of them are outlined below.
1. For Reducing Wrinkles - Many anti-aging products available in the market use jojoba oil as their main ingredient. As you grow older, you may develop wrinkles and fine lines. To accommodate this issue, you can apply jojoba oil to your face. It is a good natural way that generally does not trigger dangerous side effects. Please use only pure jojoba oil to ensure optimum results.
Simply rub few drops of the oil on the areas where fine lines exist. Rub in circular motions to make sure that the entire oil is perfectly absorbed. You should know that the oil cannot perfectly remove wrinkles, but it should handle fine lines effectively.
2. To Treat Acne - The most popular benefit of jojoba oil for skin is probably its ability to reduce acne problems. The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties contained in the oil can be such effective remedy for this common skin condition in many people of all age range. You can simply soak a cotton ball with the oil and apply it directly to the infected skin. While it helps to regulate sebum production, the anti-bacteria property will inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria.
3. For Moisturizing Face – Jojoba oil helps to regulate the production of sebum to reduce oily skin, yet it can also moisturize dry skin. Before using the oil as a moisturizer, clean your face with water and mild soap. You should also mix this carrier oil with a moisturizer product before applying it to your face. Gently massage your face with this oil for few minutes to allow it to penetrate skin layers. Apply this method regularly to keep your face naturally moisturized.
With so many health and beauty benefits that it brings, jojoba oil is considered one of the best carrier oils easily available. To make sure that you get the entire benefits without side effects, please only use 100% pure jojoba oil for skin. Nevertheless, you may need to consult doctors before using it to avoid allergic reactions or other unwanted results.